Loss

Last Saturday died one of the closest friends I've ever had. It seems she was tired to leave and decided to kill herself. Since I knew about it (Saturday a bit before midnight) I've been in a sad mood. Lots of memories of happy moments together came to my mind... Memories about how it used to be, how she used to be a happy girl who was always cheering up people, especially me.

When we met I was being bullied big time. Going to school was just thinking what kind of new humiliations would I have to bear that day. I don't know if she decided to be kind to me because she felt pity or because she saw something in me, the thing is that she took all the work of approaching me and making me open up to somebody. It was a beautiful rescue, the way only a girl can do... She and her boyfriend became my best friends. It's funny when I remember I always took her side (mentally, I'd never put myself in the middle of a couple unless asked). With her I learnt how friendship really worked, I was amazed at how well we could manage to understand each other...

And well, although it had been 6 years since we had lost more or less touch of each other, I still felt her close. I don't know if she did the same with me... The last time we met, in a dinner with other classmates last Christmas, we wound up sitting at the same side of the table and talking as if time hadn't passed. But we didn't go farther from there. We said we would call to have a cup of coffee together, but neither of us decided to ring the other... I guess it must be life.

This post is my tribute to her. To the cheerful girl with a room full of Hello Kitty (yes, Kitty was there much before Akane joined our lives) and Keroppi. To the nice girl who would listen or who wouldn't doubt to call and ask for help. May she rest in piece...

2 comentarios:

AnĂ³nimo dijo...

Nicci..... I'm with you. I so wish I could hold you next to my heart and make the comfort better. Just know that my heart reaches out to yours at this time.

It is impossible to understand why this happened. It just is. May God rest her soul.

Glenda Lachance dijo...

You have my condolences too Nikki. I've had friends who've died far too young, one by suicide, and it is unfair and hard to understand. It's a sad fact that these things happen, but they'll never be gone completely if they're always in your thoughts, keeping their memory alive. Take care. *hugs*

 

Nicole's crazy little world © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner